A simple and delectable recipe for fluffy, delicate Easy Keto Biscuits and Gravy topped with creamy sausage gravy.
My grandfather will always be associated with biscuits and gravy. He made them frequently or talked about them frequently because he loved them.
I knew it was meant to be when I met my husband since he shared my obsession with this substantial morning dish.
Making keto biscuits and gravy is actually very simple. The biscuits and the gravy may be prepared in less than 30 minutes. We typically eat this breakfast in the mornings, despite the fact that it’s rather easy to prepare.
One of the most traditional breakfast comfort foods is biscuits and gravy. However, just because we are following a ketogenic diet doesn’t imply we can never again eat the foods we enjoy.
My low-carb biscuit recipe yields soft bread with a crumb that will soak up every drop of the rich, creamy sausage gravy.
The combo is amazing and deserving of any country breakfast plate, including beef tips and noodles and chicken fried steak.
Ingredients in keto biscuits
- A quarter cup of almond flour
- a third cup of coconut flour
- Psyllium husk, entire, 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- Baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter, frozen
- heavy whipping cream, half a cup
- 1/fourth cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
Ingredients for sausage gravy
- 10 grams of butter
- 1 pound of ground pork or breakfast sausage
- a half-cup of minced onion
- Xanthan gum, half a teaspoon
- 1 cup heavy cream for whipping
- Chicken broth, one cup
Directions for Keto Biscuits and Gravy
- Step 1: Combine the dry ingredients.
- Make the biscuits first. A 400-degree oven is recommended. Take a bowl(medium) and whisk dry ingredients together.
- Grate the butter.
- Use a cheese grater to shred frozen butter into the dry ingredients dish. Add grated butter and whisk slowly. Avoid overmixing.
- 3. Add the wet ingredients.
- Add the whipped cream and sour cream after that. Blend until barely combined.
- STEP 4: Form the dough
- On top of a piece of parchment paper, gently roll out the dough and form it into a rectangle that is 1 inch tall.
- STEP 5: Build up layers
- Fold one of the dough halves across itself in a hamburger-style fold. Once more, press into a 1-inch tall rectangle. Four more cycles of folding and molding should create a rectangle. The keto biscuit will have flaky layers as a result.
- STEP 6: Prepare biscuits for baking
- Cut the biscuits into six squares. Melted butter should be applied to the top and sides of each biscuit. Put each biscuit on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for ten minutes at 400 degrees.
- STEP 7 Nice
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool for about five minutes, and then transfer it to a wire rack. Each biscuit should be delicately moved to a wire rack to complete cooling using a spatula.
- When these biscuits initially come out of the oven, they will be quite fragile; however, as they cool, they will stiffen up. Allow sitting for the night for a firmer biscuit.
- STEP 8: Sausage is browned
- Start the sausage gravy while the biscuits are baking and cooling. In a sizable prepared skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter. Put sausage and simmer for about FIVE mins. To cut the meat into more manageable pieces, use a wooden spoon or spatula.
- STEP 9 Saute the onions.
- Cook the onion after being added till tender.
- Cook for around 30 seconds while stirring in the xanthan gum until it is entirely absorbed. Whisk in the heavy cream gradually. The mixture ought to begin to thicken. Stir in the broth next. Allow simmering while whisking for 2-3 mins. Put black pepper and salt.
- Build the keto biscuits and gravy in step 11
- Place a biscuit on a dish or shallow basin to assemble. Gravy should be added on top. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 10.4g
Net Carbs 4.7g