Easy Keto Eggplant Lasagna. A tasty alternative to the carb-filled pasta version! By roasting the eggplant and layering with italian sausage, marinara sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan, this lasagna with eggplant recipe is made extra tasty.
- Cutting Board
- Mandoline Slicer or Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Cheese Grater
- Measuring Spoons
- Casserole Dish
The olive oil will immediately soak up the eggplant. Simultaneously drizzle and spread the oil with a brush to prevent this. This will evenly coat the eggplant slices. Another option – olive oil cooking spray.
Lay the slices on nonstick foil to prevent the eggplant from sticking. They come up extra easy this way!
For Italian sausage, you can substitute ground beef if you like. I recommend that you at least 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to your ricotta mixture if you do decide to substitute.
If you prefer one over the other, you can substitute cottage cheese for ricotta.
COOK TIME 30 minutes
PREP TIME 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 large eggplant, peeled/sliced into 1/3″ slices
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- thawed and drained 8 oz frozen chopped spinach,
- 1 egg
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- (keto: use sugar free)24 oz jar marinara sauce
Roast Eggplant Slices
- For THIRTY minutes, soak the eggplant slices in salted water. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Adjusting top oven rack to within 6 to 8″ of the heat, preheat oven to broil.
- With olive oil spray, spray eggplant slices then lay on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil. Alternatively, on the eggplant slices, brush olive oil. Until eggplant are golden brown, broil for TWO to FOUR minutes. Turn over and repeat. Put eggplant aside.
To bake at 375º F, turn oven down
Brown Italian Sausage
Brown Italian sausage in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain fat. Put it aside.
Mix Ricotta, Egg, and Spinach
Combine ricotta, egg, and spinach in a medium sized bowl.
- With nonstick spray, spray a 13″ x 9″ casserole dish. Over the bottom of the dish, spread 1/3 cup of the marinara sauce.
- On top of marinara sauce, lay half of the eggplant slices. Then over the top of the eggplant slices, spread half of the remaining marinara sauce. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, then sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and half the Italian sausage.
- Lay the remaining eggplant slices, and ending with parmesan cheese, repeat with all ingredients.
Until cheese is bubbly, bake eggplant lasagna FORTY minutes.
SERVING SIZE: 1/8 casserole
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 38.2g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.2g
Leave a Comment