Keto eggplant Parmesan Stacks are pretty affordable and versatile. Who doesn’t like stacks of crispy eggplant coated in keto breading, topped with Marinara, fresh Mozzarella cheese, basil, and Parmesan?
- knife & cutting board
- forks and spoons
- big bowls or plates for breading procedure
- large rimmed sheet-pan or cookie sheet
- tongs or spatula for flipping the eggplant
- 1 eggplant=1/4 pounds sliced into rounds 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 egg beat with 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 tsp salt (to salt the eggplant)
- 4 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese slice (or 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Keto Tomato Sauce (or Rao’s Marinara)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for sheet pan)
- Low Carb Keto Breading
- 1 cup pork rind panko (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese(2 oz/56 g)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Cut the eggplant into 8 rounds 1/2 inches each. Put it in a colander and sprinkle salt on each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes so moisture is drawn out. Then give them a quick rinse.
- While the eggplant rests, mix the breading ingredients and place on a rimmed plate. Beat the egg with water in a bowl big enough to lodge an eggplant round.
- Remove all the moisture off of the surface of the eggplant slices with paper towels. Line a sheet pan with foil and spread with 1 tbs. of oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Take a slice of eggplant and dip it into the egg keeping in mind that it should be covering both sides completely. Then put the eggplant into the keto breadcrumbs. With the help of fingers scoop the mixture on top of the eggplant and pat it in place. Flip the eggplant slice to ensure both sides are coated evenly. Place it onto the sheet pan and repeat, coating all of the eggplant.
- Heat for 6-8 minutes per side so that the coating is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven. Spoon sauce over each eggplant round. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top each with one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Put it back in to the oven and heat until the cheese has melted. Now it’s ready to go..
- Storing and Reheating
- Cool Eggplant Parmesan before covering and refrigerating. You can freeze it but it won’t be the same after. To reheat, heat a leftover serving in the microwave or cover with foil and reheat in a 350 oven or convection air fryer for 20-30 minutes.
Serving: 1quarter | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4.8g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.52mg