The perfect meal for healthy take-out at home! Easy Keto Low Carb Orange Chicken sugar-free version can be made with either juicy chicken thighs or breasts and is drizzled with a decadent sauce and tossed with sesame seeds. The thing that makes it hard to keep Oranges keto-friendly is that they have a good amount of sugar.
Course dinner, lunch
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs/breasts Cut into 1 inch chunks.
- 1 egg Beaten
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (Unseasoned & unsweetened).
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce/Liquid Aminos/Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves Minced
- 1/3 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
- To a bowl(large), add the chunks of chicken. To the bowl, add the beaten egg and stir. Add the pepper, salt, and baking powder and stir. Ensure the chicken is fully coated.
Air Fryer Instructions
- With cooking oil, spray the air fryer basket.
- In the air fryer, place the coated chicken.
- For TEN minutes, air fry at 400 degrees. Open-air the fryer basket & flip the chicken. Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, for 5-10 minutes more.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, place the coated chicken in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or (Flip the chicken halfway through.)until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- (except for the xanthan gum)Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan/skillet on medium heat while the chicken cooks. Stirring constantly, simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the sweetener has melted and the zest disintegrates.
- To a small bowl, add TWO tbsp. of the sauce with the xanthan gum and stir. Add the mixture to the sauce when it thickens and stir continuously. It will take several minutes to thicken.
- In the orange sauce, coat the cooked chicken. (if desired)Serve with sesame seeds.
Amount per serving.