These soft and fluffy EASY LOW CARB KETO BUNS WITH ALMOND FLOUR are made with psyllium husk powder and almond flour and taste just like multigrain bread.
WHAT IS PSYLLIUM HUSK?
A form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago plant’s seeds(commonly known and used as a laxative).
You’ll notice that baked goods don’t always hold together. By adding a bit of psyllium husk to these recipes, it helps the batter stick together and you can form any shape you want.
TYPES OF PSYLLIUM
- Whole Husks
- Psyllium Husk Powder
- Whole husks
- Homemade Psyllium Husk Powder
- ▢3 tbsp (45 ml) boiling water
- ▢1 cup (120 g) blanched almond flour
- ▢2 tbsp (20 g) psyllium husk powder
- ▢One tsp baking powder
- ▢1 tsp black sesame seeds
- ▢1 tsp white sesame seeds
- ▢2 tsp sunflower seeds
- ▢1 tsp black chia seeds
- ▢½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ▢½ tsp garlic powder
- ▢2 eggs
- ▢1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ▢3 tbsp (45 ml) melted refined coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take a bowl and mix the dry ingredients with a whisk. Take another bowl and mix the wet ingredients. Into the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients and mix with a silicone spatula.
- Pour in the boiling water slowly and continue mixing. As time passes by (about 1 minute), the dough will thicken up.
- Separate the dough into 5 and with your hands (the batter is pretty sticky), form 5 balls. To make the dough not stick to you, you can spray some olive oil on your hands. To achieve perfect little balls, just roll the dough onto the palm of your hands.
- Over a parchment paper, place the balls on a baking tray and bake for Twenty Five mins. Take out and Before serving, let cool or you’ll burn your fingers!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 236Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8.37g52%
NET CARBS 3g6%