Elevate the earthy goodness of mushrooms with the rich flavors of garlic and Parmesan cheese in this delectable dish of Garlic Mushrooms in Parmesan Cheese. Whether served as a hearty side or a satisfying appetizer, this recipe brings together tender mushrooms sautéed with aromatic garlic and finished with a sprinkle of savory Parmesan cheese. Indulge in a burst of umami flavors that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Garlic Mushrooms in Parmesan Cheese Recipe: Servings: 4
- 1 pound (450g) button or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Mushrooms:
- Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Trim the stems and quarter the mushrooms.
Sauté the Mushrooms:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the Mushrooms:
- Add the quartered mushrooms to the skillet. Spread them out in an even layer. Let them cook without stirring for a few minutes to allow them to brown.
Cook and Season:
- Stir the mushrooms occasionally to ensure even cooking. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and have released their moisture.
Season and Finish:
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the mushrooms and stir to combine.
Add Parmesan Cheese:
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the mushrooms while they are still hot.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the Parmesan cheese has melted slightly, transfer the Garlic Mushrooms in Parmesan Cheese to a serving dish.
- Serve as a side dish or appetizer, accompanied by crusty bread or as a topping for grilled meats or pasta.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: ~120
- Total Fat: ~10g
- Saturated Fat: ~6g
- Carbohydrates: ~4g
- Fiber: ~1g
- Sugars: ~1g
- Protein: ~5g
- Sodium: ~160mg