ITALIAN SUB STUFFED KETO CHICKEN BREAST with salami, mortadella, capicolla, and provolone. In a keto friendly package, a great way to get all the delicious flavors of an Italian sub. There are so many amazing ways to stuff it, it’s just such an easy and fun keto dinner. Start of a new and glorious dinner journey.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: stuffed chicken breast recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mortadella
- 8 slices thinly sliced salami
- 8 slices thinly sliced capicolla
- 2 ounces sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces pepperoncini
- Two tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Into each chicken breast, cut a deep slit sideways but don’t cut fully in half. Like a book, lay each breast open and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- With a slice of provolone, a slice of mortadella, two slices of salami, and 2 slices of capicolla, top each opened chicken breast. On top, add a few slices of roasted red pepper and pepperoncini.
- Around the fillings, fold the chicken breasts tightly and secure the openings with toothpicks.
- With salt and pepper, season the outside lightly.
- Over medium heat, heat a large ovenproof skillet. Until shimmering, add the oil, then add the chicken breasts. For about 3 or 4 minutes, cook until golden brown, on each side.
- With mozzarella, sprinkle the top of each chicken breast and place the whole pan in the oven. Until the chicken reaches 165F on an instant read thermometer, bake about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle chopped basil over.
Italian Sub Stuffed Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment