Everyone love pies. Sure to satisfy those Mexican food cravings this KETO TAMALE PIE is Richly seasoned ground beef topped with a grain-free coconut and almond flour crust. And plenty of cheese too! With all the great flavors of real tamales, this easy keto tamale pie is a wonderful dinner recipe. I promise that you won’t miss the corn! It’s even meatier and lower in carbs as I’ve given it a little update.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: keto tamale pie, tamale casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Cooling Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 lb ground beef or pork
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon cornbread flavor (optional)
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Over medium heat, in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet set, brown the ground beef with a little salt and pepper breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon, until mostly cooked through. Stir in the the jalapeno, chili powder, and taco seasoning.
- Whisk the tomato paste with the water in a small bowl until it gets well combined. Pour over the beef and stir in, then take out from heat. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Whisk the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Until well combined, stir in the eggs, butter, and cornbread flavor.
- Until the batter is thick but spreadable, add the water a little a time.
- In the pan, dollop the batter over the beef. To spread over the top and to the edges, use a knife.
- Until the edges are golden brown and the top is firm to the touch, bake 30 to 40 minutes. Take out and before serving, let cool TEN minutes.
Keto Tamale Pie
Amount Per Serving
(1 serving = 1/10th of recipe)
Calories 387Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment