Loaded with all of your Mexican favorites and topped with Doritos, Fritos, or Tortilla Chips this Easy Taco Casserole is without any doubt my favorite! For an easy dinner, it’s easy to assemble days ahead of time and bake later!
When you do a little meal prep ahead of time, it’s amazing how much easier your life becomes.
It is really handy, the fact that you can assemble this up to 2 days ahead of time. And the ingredients are really easy to customize.
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
- 1 lb. ground beef, I use 80% lean
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- One oz. taco seasoning, equivalent to 2 Tablespoons
- 16 oz. refried beans
- ¾ cup sour cream,
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¾ cup crunchy toppings such as tortilla chips, Doritos, and/or Fritos
- Green onions, (optional)
- 1/3 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- While you prepare the meat, let the sour cream come to room temperature. When baked, this will prevent it from curdling as it won’t be going from cold to hot right away.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a large pan, add the ground beef and diced onions and cook and until the meat is cooked through, crumble over medium heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning and ¾ cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for FIVE minutes, stirring occasionally. Take it away from heat.
- In an even layer, spread the refried beans within a casserole dish.
- Over the refried beans, spread the sour cream.
- Top with cooked ground beef mixture, then with cheese.
- Let it cool, if you’re preparing this head of time and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- If baking right away: For 15 minutes, Bake, uncovered, or until the cheese is hot and melted.
- If baking after the casserole has been refrigerated: For 25 minutes, bake, covered. Remove the cover and for an additional 5 minutes, bake.
Add the toppings:
- With black olives and crunchy toppings, top the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for EIGHT mins.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and/or green onions and serve!
Saturated Fat: 18g,
Vitamin A: 1175IU,
Vitamin C: 4.9mg,
Leave a Comment