KETO BACON ONION RINGS, a sweet and spicy explosion of flavor. Eat them on top of a juicy burger, snack or as an appetizer. Since they’ll disappear lightning fast so they’re fun to make and that’s a good.
- Cookie Sheet with edges
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 40 mins
TOTAL TIME 55 mins
SERVINGS 4 Servings
CALORIES 482 kcal
- 12 -15 Rings onion – (3- 3.5 inches across & ⅓ to ½ inch thick).
- 1 pound bacon
- ¾ cup Allulose
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- With a layer of parchment, prepare TWO sheet pans. Whisk together the granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, allulose in a pie plate, until it gets combined.
- So that you have about 12-15 double slices of onion rings, slice your onions. For another use, reserve the smaller leftover onion slices.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take one slice of bacon and without breaking it, gently stretch it.
- Against a double onion ring, hold one edge of the bacon and wrap it around the onion, by about ⅛ of an inch just barely overlapping the bacon(Overlapping should be kept to a minimum).
- Use a second strip(If needed), to finish wrapping the onion. (if possible)None or very little onion should be showing through.
- To secure the ends of the bacon to the onion, use a toothpick or two. In the bowl of sweetener mixture, place the bacon wrapped onion ring. Dip, flip and over the onion ring use a spoon to sprinkle the mixture to ensure the entire thing is covered generously.
- Place on the parchment prepared pan(onion rings should not touch). They need space to get crispy.
- Do same with remaining onion rings & bacon.
- Before gently flipping the Onion Rings, bake for TWENTY FIVE minutes. Until the bacon is crispy and deeply colored, bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. Lined with a brown paper bag, transfer to a plate. For at least FIVE minutes, cool in a single layer to crisp further before serving.
- Let the onion rings drain on a plain plate if you don’t have a brown paper bag.
Serving: 4onion rings
Net Carbs: 3g
Fat Ratio per Serving: 84.02%
Protein Ratio per Serving: 12.45%
Carb Ratio per Serving: 2.49%