Such a flavorful meal, this KETO BRAISED CABBAGE WITH KIELBASA AND BACON that is perfect for any busy weeknight. It is loaded with packed with flavor, made with simple ingredients but and in less than 30 minutes, it comes together! This family friendly recipe will quickly become a staple in your home.
In this recipe, every step is building layers of flavor. You literally cannot go wrong with this meal, from the bacon, cabbage, kielbasa and insanely delicious braising liquid. Because it brings back memories from his childhood in Poland, my husband loves it. It has very Polish flavors and we love it.
When I am doing a round of Whole30, I love to use Pederson’s Farms kielbasa and bacon. They both have so much flavor. Any smoked sausage and bacon will work if you are not doing a round.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
COURSE Main Dish
CUISINE American, Polish
SERVINGS 6 servings
CALORIES 357 kcal
- ▢4 strips Bacon
- ▢1 lb Kielbasa sliced
- ▢1 Tbls Ghee
- ▢4 cups Cabbage shredded
- ▢1 Yellow Onion sliced
- ▢2 cloves Garlic sliced
- ▢2 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- ▢3 Tbls Apple Cider Vinegar
- ▢2 Tbls Chicken Broth
- ▢1 tsp Salt
- ▢½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ▢1 + ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ▢2 Tbls Green Onion for topping
- Over medium heat in a large skillett, cook bacon well and remove from the pan
- Add in the sliced kielbasa and (about 3-5 minutes) cook until just caramelized and browned and remove from pan
- From the pan, discard all but 1 Tbls of the fat and add in the yellow onion and ghee. To medium/low, turn heat and until tender and slightly caramelized, cook the onions (about 5-7 minutes)
- Add in the paprika, pepper flakes and garlic, salt and cook for additional minute then add in the cabbage
- Whisk the mustard, apple cider vinegar and broth together in a bowl, while the cabbage is starting to cook down.
- Over the cabbage, pour the mixture, turn heat to medium and ( until cabbage is tender and liquid has reduced) cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Take it away from heat and stir in the kielbasa, top with green onions and chopped bacon. (if needed) Season with more salt.
KETO BRAISED CABBAGE WITH KIELBASA AND BACON
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 341IU
Vitamin C: 20mg
Leave a Comment