How does a nutritious and tasty pizza sound? Even better, a pizza that is keto-friendly and has all of the flavors but none of the carbs? These Keto Cabbage Pizzas will be a treat if that sounds like something you’d enjoy.
The base of these pizzas is crispy cabbage, as the name suggests. You need to cut a fresh green cabbage into thick slices (rounds) to make the crispy cabbage pizza bases and then bake them until it gets cooked through and crispy. Cabbage transforms from slightly bitter to sweet and silky-smooth when the cabbage cooks. For a natural pizza base, it’s perfect.
Simply add a layer of mustard as a base sauce once the cabbage bases are ready and then top them off with cheese for the pizza “filling”, onions, and corned beef. The pizzas are then baked until crispy on the top and bottom and cooked all of the way through.
Without consuming any carbs, our filling for this recipe is Irish-inspired and provides you with lots of energy. However, you can swap the corned beef for bacon or ham or any other meat and also add other vegetables too like capsicums or courgettes, if you prefer.
are often skeptical when they first see cabbage being used as a pizza base, but when they take their first bite, it quickly changes their minds. We promise you and your family won’t be disappointed so give this recipe a try for lunch or dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28-ounce green cabbage
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8-ounce corned beef
- 4-ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After measuring out, prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 450F.
- With parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- In half, slice the cabbage then into smaller slices, making the “dough” of the pizza. With olive oil, drizzle and season with pepper and salt. For 15 – 20 minutes, roast these in the oven.
- Chop up the corned beef and the green onions.
- Smear the whole grain mustard onto the cabbage pieces once the cabbage is ready to take out of the oven. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and corned beef. For about 5 minutes, bake in the oven just until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keto Cabbage Pizzas
This makes a total of FOUR servings.
Each serving comes out to be
24g fat, 8.1g net carbs
Leave a Comment