KETO CAULIFLOWER GRILLED CHEESE. For lunch or dinner, make a delicious low-carb cauliflower grilled cheese sandwich. In a keto-friendly meal, all the cheesy goodness you love!
YOU WILL LOVE CAULIFLOWER GRILLED CHEESE
For when I want a warm and gooey sandwich with lower carbs, I love this grilled cheese. Try this new spin on an old standby if you love grilled cheese and have made it every way from Sunday. You’re going to love it!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH
Slow Cooker Classic Tomato Soup: For lunch, the ultimate cooler temperatures meal pairing
Southwest Quinoa Soup: get filled up with lots of flavor and healthy grains
HOW MANY CARBS?
Traditional grilled cheese will run around 25g to 31g of carbs. This low-carb dish will run about 17g of carbs per sandwich.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: cauliflower grilled cheese
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded/shaved
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and with parchment paper/a silicone mat, line a baking sheet.
- By cutting the head into florets, rice the cauliflower. until it is in small crumbs, pulse the florets in a blender or food processor. On the baking sheet, spread out the riced cauliflower.
- Roast for TWENTY minutes and then remove from the oven. (about FIFTEEN minutes)Cool completely. By placing the cauliflower on a paper towel or kitchen towel, remove the excess moisture and squeezing and twisting as much as possible.
- Mix together the pepper, mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, garlic, basil, parsley, salt, and riced cauliflower in a large bowl. It should hold together when formed, once combined.
- Over medium heat, place a large skillet and melt TWO tablespoons of butter. Into the skillet, place half of the cauliflower mixture and for it into two squares, about 1/2-inch thick each. (You can form 4 squares using all of the mixture if you have a really large skillet.)
- For 7-10 minutes, cook the cauliflower bread on each side until a nice crust forms. Then to one half of the bread squares, add 2 cheese slices. Cover with a lid and let cheese melt.
- Onto a plate, place the “bread” slices with cheese and then top with the other “bread” slice on top. Do same with the other grilled cheese.
- Serve warm.
Serving: 1sandwich |
Calories: 634kcal |
Carbohydrates: 17g |
Protein: 34g |
Fat: 49g |
Saturated Fat: 29g |
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g |
Monounsaturated Fat: 14g |
Trans Fat: 1g |
Cholesterol: 312mg |
Sodium: 2059mg |
Potassium: 1027mg |
Fiber: 6g |
Sugar: 6g |
Vitamin A: 1723IU |
Vitamin C: 141mg |
Calcium: 728mg |