KETO CHEESY BACON CAULIFLOWER CHOWDER. Without the guilt, comfort food! It has a savory flavor that you’ll want to eat again and again!
Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Chowder is the recipe for you whether you’re looking for a way to cut back on carbs without sacrificing flavor or for a soup recipe to warm your soul on a cold winter day. This creamy soup is packed with delicious grated cauliflower and loaded with savory flavor. (You HAVE to try this Roasted Cauliflower recipe, I’ve just recently become a cauliflower addict,..it’s amazing). This keto-friendly recipe is nutritious AND delicious!
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Food Processor: It definitely cuts down on your prep time while it’s not essential for this recipe!
Large Stock Pot: You’ll need a great stock pot like this one if you love soups as much as I do.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: cauliflower chowder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth divided
- 10 slices center-cut bacon chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- (1/2 of a large head)4 cups grated cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Green onion thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour then put it aside.
- In a large soup pot, saute bacon over medium heat until it gets crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper plate(towel-lined) using a spoon(slotted). From the pot, drain all but ONE Tablespoon drippings.
- To the pot, add garlic, celery, and onion. Season with pepper and salt and saute about 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- To the pot, add cauliflower then stir to combine.
- Add water then on top, place a lid. Steam cauliflower until it gets tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add remaining milk and 1 3/4 cups chicken broth. Increase heat and let it come to a boil.
- While constantly stirring, slowly whisk in flour/chicken broth mixture. Then turn down the heat and until chowder has thickened, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and until it gets melted and smooth, stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese. Then put half of the cooked bacon and stir.
- Check the seasoning and add hot sauce, pepper, and salt .
- Serve warm topped with some green onion, cooked bacon, and remaining shredded cheese.
Calories: 528kcal |
Carbohydrates: 15g |
Protein: 26g |
Fat: 41g |
Saturated Fat: 19g |
Cholesterol: 93mg |
Sodium: 1175mg |
Potassium: 700mg |
Fiber: 2g |
Sugar: 7g |
Vitamin A: 678IU |
Vitamin C: 53mg |
Calcium: 474mg |
Leave a Comment