KETO CAULIFLOWER GRITS AND SHRIMP are the ultimate carb-conscious take on Southern comfort food! We are here to show you the best way to transform keto grits into a delicious dish that tastes like the real deal, complete with juicy seasoned shrimp.
For yummy & delicious keto meals that still make you feel good, ingredients make a huge difference — that’s why we prefer Danish Creamery European Style Butter for this recipe. It has more butterfat than other European-style butters and is grass fed!
ARE GRITS KETO FRIENDLY?
No, grits are not keto friendly. Grits are made from dried and ground corn, which has high carbs. (This is why we’re making this recipe keto style!)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Cheesy and loaded with cajun spices
- Perfectly creamy sauce
- Juicy shrimp and crisp bacon
- Ready in about 30 minutes
- Naturally low carb and gluten free
- Super filling with 8g net carbs
- Rich and comforting
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- Danish Creamery Salted European Style Butter (Four tablespoon)
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 6 slices Bacon
- 12 oz Medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 medium Green onion (green part only)
- Put cauliflower florets in food processor. Raking the sides as needed, pulse intermittently, until texture is like a finer cauliflower rice, with some clumping.
- Oven over medium heat in a Dutch oven , melt the butter.
- Put heavy cream and cauliflower rice. Increase heat and let it come to a boil, then simmer for about 12-15 mins, until the cauliflower rice is tender, creamy, and liquid is reduced.
- Slow heat to low. Until the cheese is melted, stir in the cheddar cheese and salt . Take it away from heat, cover to keep warm, and put it aside.
- Put bacon onto a skillet while it’s still cold. Put over medium heat and heat for 10-12 mins, turning occasionally, until it turns crispy. To transfer bacon to paper towels, use tongs .
- The bacon should be mostly drained of the bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about 2 tbsp. of bacon grease in skillet. Put it aside.
- Use Cajun seasoning to season shrimp all over with.
- Over medium heat put skillet with the bacon grease. Put garlic and shrimp. Saute the shrimp for about 2-3 mins per side, until it turns pink and opaque.
- The bacon should be sliced into little pieces and stir into the cauliflower grits. Serve the shrimp over grits.
- Serve the shrimp over grits.
- Top with sliced green onions.