Everywhere I go, I’ve been hearing about the Keto diet! I have a few friends that have lost a ton of weight and are on it. A few weeks ago, I decided to give it a go and so far so good. I’m sharing today, low carb, high fat and so delicious, Keto Cauliflower Ziti.
It tastes like lasagna(but without the carbs!) You’ll probably still enjoy this recipe even if you aren’t a big cauliflower fan. The cauliflower takes on the flavors of the sauce and acts as the noodles.
It’s filling, cheesy and meaty! After one serving, I was full. Leftovers the next day in the microwave, heated up were equally as delicious. I could enjoy comfort food guilt-free was the best part!
prep time: 30 MINUTES
bake time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Without the carbs, enjoy all the flavours of hearty Italian meal! This is meaty and cheesy.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- One cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To a boil, bring a pot(large) of water. Add cauliflower and for THREE minutes, cook. Remove from heat. Drain and put it aside.
- In a skillet(large), heat olive oil over medium heat. Put onion and cook until it gets softened.
- Add red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for ONE minute. Add pepper, salt and ground beef and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in oregano and tomato paste and cook for TWO more minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes.
- To medium low, reduce heat and for FIFTEEN minutes, simmer. Remove from heat.
- Over the cauliflower, pour meat sauce and stir to combine.
- Spread out half the cauliflower in a baking dish(9×13). Top with Parmesan, mozzarella and half the ricotta. Add the rest of the cauliflower and with the remaining cheeses, top.
- Bake for TWENTY FIVE minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 9-Inches x 2.5-Inches
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
- ExcelSteel 242 5-Quart Stainless Steel Colander
SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 13.1g
SATURATED FAT: 7.1g
TRANS FAT: 0.1g
UNSATURATED FAT: 5.3g
Leave a Comment