Keto Cheese Pickle Chips. Too restrictive and difficult to maintain long-term is one of the main arguments against keto. When you have hundreds of recipes and foods to choose from, how can you ever get bored with the keto diet!
Using pickles and cheese, we made a fantastic Crispy Keto snack! I can guarantee you if you are doing keto that you miss a good crunch! The spot you’ve been missing, this crunch hits!
This recipe is only 3 ingredients and uses a muffin pan to bake chips as this is a spin off of our Chaffle Pickle sticks recipe we make in our mini waffle iron!
These taste amazing hot or cold. For parties if needed, you can make them ahead of time!
These chips are super tasty and super crunchy! You can use any seasoning you wish or none at all but we added Everything Bagel Seasoning which adds a whole other level of awesomeness . Pickles and Cheese already tastes amazing together.
To give this Keto Crispy Cheese Pickle Chips a try, I highly encourage you ! You will fall in love… PROMISE!
To add some variety to your keto diet in the simplest form, these cheese pickle chips are a great way.
Easy keto snacks are the best ones.
It doesn’t get any easier than melting together shredded cheese and pickles!
Tips for making:
- Use any kind of cheese you’d like. I used Colby Jack and cheddar. A sharp white cheddar, mozzarella, Swiss, or Pepperjack would all be amazing too! By hand, I shredded my cheese as I think it melts better this way.
- Make sure you get dill pickles and for any added sugar, check the label.
- I used TWO tbsp. of cheese on top and below the pickles. Use 1 tablespoon for each layer instead, if you want a thinner chip. If you use less cheese, the cooking time will be shorter.
- To these chips, you can add 1 or 2 pickles. I use one pickle per chip(it had plenty of pickle taste). Before adding them to the muffin tin I thought about patting the pickles dry, but I think that would have taken away from the pickle flavor. This way, you get a little bit of dill pickle juice!
- From the cheese, if you notice a lot of oil, about 5 minutes before the chips are done, pat it out with a paper towel.
- The crispier they will get, the longer you bake the chips.
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 18 MINUTES
total time: 23 MINUTES
- 3 cups of shredded cheese of choice
- 12 -24 dill pickle slices
- olive oil or avocado oil spray
- To 350 degrees, preheat the oven. With olive/avocado oil, spray the muffin pan.
- In the bottom of each muffin tin, place TWO tbsp. of shredded cheese. Top with ONE to TWO slices of dill pickles. With 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, cover the pickle /pickles. Use 1 tbsp shredded cheese per side for thinner “chips”.
- Until the cheese starts to brown around the edges, bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Just keep in mind that the bake time will be less if you decide to make thinner “chips”.
- Serve warm.
- Enjoy our ranch dip!
Yield: 12 chips,
Serving Size: 1 chip
Amount Per Serving:
1.2g Total Carbs
1.1g Net Carbs