Keto Cheese Stuffed Taco Meatloaf. Meatloaf is my favorite comfort food. Your favorite comfort recipes are easy to adapt is one thing I love about low-carb eating. So Meatloaf for this delicious cheese-stuffed taco meatloaf, Monday – meet Taco Tuesday. And I mean STUFFED when I say stuff!
For breadcrumbs in meatloaf, what can I substitute?
To make it low carb or keto, but you start with a basic meatloaf recipe, you have to replace the breadcrumbs/oats. You could try crushed pork rinds too, but we’ve used almond flour – I’ve seen some recipes that use that, but for my keto taco meatloaf, I have not tried it. Also, to control the amount of salt in the dish, you may want to make your own taco seasoning. I keep my own blend around.
Because – well, do we need a reason, we wanted our loaf extra cheesy?
On top, we sprinkled a few tablespoons of Rotel Tomatoes, but instead, you could add some salsa. Add more green chilies if you wanted to go spicier – they are an awesome flavor to add to beef dishes. Make sure when you add them as tomatoes will add some carbs, you’re keeping your totals within your low carb limits.
Make sure you bake the cheese-stuffed taco meatloaf/or any meatloaf/thoroughly. To make sure my loaf is at about 160 degrees in the center, I always use a meat thermometer. Since it may dry out quicker than other meatloafs, this meatloaf has a fair amount of taco seasoning. So it doesn’t dry out too much, watch the temp. You may want to add a little water if your seasoning is super salty. However, I find it’s just fine the way it is.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- TWO Tbs taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Tbs Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, eggs, taco seasoning, and ground beef.
- In a loaf pan, place about 2/3 of the meat mixture, and lining the bottoms and sides, create a pool.
- Sprinkle cheese, with a thin layer of the beef mixture, cover, and to top, add more cheese and beef.
- On top, sprinkle the remaining cheese and add the tomatoes.
- Tent with foil and for FORTY-FIVE minutes, bake at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and for FOURTEEN more minutes, bake until a meat thermometer inserted reaches 160 degrees.
- Before removing it from the pan, let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
Keto Cheese Stuffed Taco Meatloaf
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 38g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Unsaturated Fat 19g