Takes just 30 minutes to make, and this Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters is super easy. They’re also known as chicken patties and these fritters are tender and incredibly delish.
Today I will show you how to make a super delish recipe that is perfect for the Ketogenic diet.
How to prepare the mixture for chicken patties
There are many ways of preparing the mixture for the cheesy chicken patties as you will see in other recipes. But I I had to stick within the rules and use only approved ingredients, wanted to make them Keto.
You need to chop the chicken into very small pieces that are the first thing to keep in mind. Then, add shredded mozzarella, almond flour, and eggs. Makes the mixture hold together nicely.
Next, you need to add the flavorings such as salt & pepper, garlic, chili, dried herbs, fresh chopped herbs, or any other seasonings of choice.
You can either make them right away or until you’re ready to cook them, refrigerate the mix. If you have a special occasion the next day, like a potluck, you can even refrigerate the meat mixture overnight, for instance, just before guests arrive, you can prepare it the night before and cook the fritters.
Course dinner, lunch, Main Course
Cuisine American, Keto
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
- ▢1.5 lb skinless boneless chicken breast(700g)
- ▢2 medium eggs
- ▢1/3 cup (40g) almond flour
- ▢1 cup (110g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ▢2 Tbsp fresh basil(finely chopped)
- ▢2 Tbsp chives(chopped)
- ▢TWO Tbsp parsley(chopped)
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢a pinch of fresh ground black pepper and sea salt
- ▢1 Tbsp olive oil
- On a chopping board, place the chicken breast and chop it into tiny pieces using a sharp knife, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in pepper, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and almond flour into the large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Scoop into the chicken mixture with an ice cream scoop or a large spoon and transfer it to the pan, then to create a fritter, slightly flatten. Cook the fritters in batches and don’t overcrowd the pan, about FOUR per batch.
- On both sides, fry until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. You need to cook them at medium-low temp, keep in mind that, otherwise they won’t get well cooked on the inside.
- Serve with your favorite dip
- With any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda, or provolone, you can replace the cheese.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, and ground cumin.
- With turkey, you can replace the chicken.
- You can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers for meal planning and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. From any side dish, just remember to keep them separate, dressing or sauce until you’re ready to serve them.
Saturated Fat: 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 7
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 646IU
Vitamin C: 6mg