KETO CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE. Casserole cravings have never been as intense as they are right now in the winter. All winter long, we’ve been chowing down on keto zucchini lasagna, ham and cauliflower casserole, and smoky sausage casserole.
But for me, this creamy, low-carb chicken broccoli casserole has quickly risen to the top. It’s the best type of comfort meal that’s keto. Rich, filling, and bursting with flavour and healthy fats.
Who doesn’t enjoy a complete keto meal baked in a single dish? The more busy we are, the more crucial it is to reduce the number of extra dishes.
Everything about this chicken and broccoli dish is keto-friendly. It is filling and substantial, has protein, vegetables, and healthy fats, and cooks in one big skillet from stovetop to oven.
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Although it is not at all unusual for chicken and broccoli to be combined, I got the idea for this skillet dinner while waiting in the grocery store checkout line. On the cover of a magazine like Cast Iron Cooking, there it was, staring me in the face.
Oh my, it was attractive. In Portland’s chilly drizzle, it appeared even more appetizing—except that it contained spaghetti.
Please excuse me. Why aren’t chicken and broccoli sufficient? Why would you use so many unneeded carbs to dilute the nourishment in the excellent stuff?
Of course, I now had to prepare a keto broccoli chicken casserole with more of the beneficial ingredients and fewer of the empty carbs!
Will this recipe work with frozen broccoli?
If that’s all you have, thaw it totally first even though I don’t really advise it. To avoid overcooking it, sauté it for a very brief period of time in the first step.
Instead of broiling it, how do I bake it?
Bake the casserole for FIFTEEN to TWENTY minutes in a 350°F oven.
Can I substitute another cheese?
Sure! Any cheese that melts well, like Gruyere, Fontina, or cheddar, is acceptable. With all of them, it will be excellent.
How can I make this without dairy?
The best way to prepare this keto chicken broccoli casserole is with dairy. Although coconut cream can be substituted for heavy cream, it won’t thicken as smoothly, thus I advise adding a little xanthan gum or glucomannan.
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 12 ounces of finely chopped broccoli, and 1/4 cup of butter.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1 12 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepper and salt
- 1 14 lbs. worth of cooked chicken in 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons of butter are added to a 10-inch ovenproof skillet that has been placed over medium heat. After it has melted, add the broccoli and cook for about 4 minutes, or until it is bright green and just tender. In a bowl, remove the broccoli.
- Add the garlic to the melted remaining butter in the pan and simmer for approximately a minute, or until fragrant. Add the cream, bring to a simmer, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced by roughly half.
- Add all of the Parmesan and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to the food. Add the chicken and broccoli, then sprinkle the remaining ONE cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Set the broiler to high. Broil(2-5 mins) the pan with a distance from the heat of about 6 inches.
Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment