These Keto Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats are the easy and delicious way to enjoy enchiladas! The whole family loves these Mexican boats stuffed with cheese, enchilada sauce, and chicken.
Lucky, this recipe skips the tortillas and starts with zucchini instead.
This recipe is quick and simple. It’s super easy to customize to whatever you like.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces canned green chiles
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- Cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In half lengthwise, slice the zucchini. To scoop the centers out of the zucchini, use a spoon.
- Discard the scooped out zucchini. With 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil, brush the shells.
- In a baking dish, place the zucchini (might need two to make them fit) and bake for twenty five mins, until it gets tender.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining oil while the zucchini bakes, and add the onion. For five mins, heat until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the garlic and heat for thirty seconds more.
- Take it out from the heat and add to the pan the, shredded chicken enchilada sauce, and green chilies. Stir to combine.
- Between the cooked zucchini, spoon the filling evenly and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Until the cheese has melted, bake for ten mins.
- Sprinkle with diced avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro before serving.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 992mgCarbohydrates: 15gNet Carbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4g
Leave a Comment