Chia seeds are cheeky little things aren’t they? It’s no use that no matter how carefully you avoid getting them everywhere, you will undoubtedly find a few chia seeds lodged behind your toaster after using them. Even if toaster is in different room. But it totally worth it for this KETO CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING!
This is a super tasty breakfast or dessert. It’s gluten-free and vegan, made with just five ingredients, and deliciously chocolatey!
WHAT ARE CHIA SEEDS?
It come from the plant salvia hispanica, which is in fact a member of the mint family.
These chia seeds in the presence of liquid form a gel called mucilage. This helps to thicken our blueberry chia seed jam, as well as turn this chia pudding into a delicious dessert!
- To make it thick and creamy:Use coconut milk as the liquid. Use almond milk for a lighter option.
- For Toppings: We prefer coconut yogurt, fresh berries and chocolate shavings.
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder (sift before measuring)
- 2 tbsp low carb sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- Take a mason jar and put cocoa powder and sweetener in it. After closing the lid, shake well to remove any lumps.
- Put vanilla extract and coconut milk to the mason jar. Close the lid and shake.
- Shake again after adding the chia seeds to the jar. Transfer the jar to the fridge, once the mixture is well combined.
- Chill for at least 30 mins.
- Serve with coconut yogurt and seasonal fruit. Enjoy!
- Net carbs per serving: 5g
- Prepared chia pudding will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27.3g | Sodium: 30mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 1.5g
Leave a Comment