KETO CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES. These are not just for Valentine’s Day! It’s a elegant, beautiful dessert that’s surprisingly easy to make.
I prefer to use extra dark, 85% cacao chocolate chips while you can use whatever chocolate you enjoy.
When making this recipe I prefer to use medium-sized strawberries. They’re often not very tasty as the really big ones may seem impressive. Their inside can be watery and white.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of chocolate do you use?
Like and enjoy – dark, milk, or white, you can use any chocolate. We prefer extra-dark chocolate with 85% cacao.
Both work so whether you use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate is up to you.
How should I melt the chocolate?
On the stovetop over very low heat, you can melt it. But to melt it in the microwave, it’s easiest. Simply microwave it in THIRTY -second sessions and after each session, stir.
After the last session, the chocolate chips won’t completely melt. But you might burn the chocolate so don’t microwave them any longer. Until it’s completely melted, just stir the chocolate.
Why do you add oil?
To make it shinier and prettier is the reason for mixing oil into the chocolate. And also when it hardens, to make it a bit less brittle.
It won’t shatter this way – but as you bite into the strawberries, will rather melt. Because it has a neutral flavor I use avocado oil. Melted coconut oil/ghee would also work well here.
Prep Time 50 mins
Total Time 50 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz firm strawberries (12 medium strawberries)
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips*
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- With wax paper, line a plate/a tray.
- Wash the strawberries and with a paper towel, pat them dry.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips, stirring after each session, in 30-second sessions.
- After three such sessions, they should be mostly melted.
- Into the melted chocolate, stir the oil.
- Into the melted chocolate, dip each strawberry. Lift up and to get rid of any excess chocolate, twist around. Place on the wax paper.
- For THIRTY minutes, chill the strawberries in the fridge before serving.
*You need all of it to properly dip the strawberries as you won’t use all the chocolate. About TWO oz chocolate, you’ll probably end up using.
When making this recipe, I prefer to use medium-sized strawberries. The really big ones are often not very tasty but may seem impressive. Their inside can be watery and white.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Serving: 3strawberries |
Calories: 107kcal |
Carbohydrates: 9.5g |
Protein: 2g |
Fat: 6g |
Saturated Fat: 5g |
Sodium: 0.6mg |
Fiber: 2g |