KETO CHOCOLATE DONUTS WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE. A fantastic sugar-free breakfast or low-carb snack. Perfect Saturday morning indulgence. Because they are soft, moist, and perfectly sweet, you’ll love this recipe for low carb donuts.
THE BEST KETO CHOCOLATE DONUTS
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing like a delicious donut! And you can definitely enjoy donuts on the keto diet despite what you may have thought, — as long as they’re made with the right ingredients.
Because it makes donuts with a rich chocolate flavor, cake-like texture and super soft, I love this recipe. Plus, I love the fact that it’s are totally low-carb and gluten-free!
They’re so easy to make is another great thing about these keto donuts! About prepping a lot of frying oil, you don’t need to worry as they are baked, not fried.
This recipe makes about a dozen doughnuts depending on the size of your donut pan. Let me recommend this nonstick donut pan if you are looking to purchase one. For best results, I always reach for a nonstick pan especially when it comes to keto baking.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST KETO DONUTS
Pretty easy to make. Pretty straightforward and simple. Here are some of my tips for the best results
Use a non-stick donut pan.
With non-stick spray, grease the pan well.
In the pan, let the donuts cool, and once they are cool, remove them. When warm, gluten-free and Keto baked goods tend to be fragile. But, as they cool, they will firm up.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup erythritol sweetener
- 6 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s erythritol
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With non-stick spray, spray a donut pan.
Make the donuts:
- Whisk together the sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and cocoa in a medium bowl. Put it aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla in another bowl until it gets smooth. Into the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients and mix until it gets just combined.
- Into the donut cavities, spoon the batter, filling 3 ∕ 4 of the way full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Make the glaze:
- Stir together the cocoa powder, sweetener, and melted butter in a small bowl. To create a “pourable” consistency, stir in 2 tbsp heavy cream. With more heavy cream, adjust the consistency as necessary.
Top the donuts:
- Either in the bowl of glaze, dip the top halves of the donuts, or over the top of the donuts, drizzle the glaze.
KETO CHOCOLATE DONUTS WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 14g
SATURATED FAT: 8g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 6g
Leave a Comment