Want a hand-dipped corn dog’s taste without the carbs? Consider a Keto Corn Dog! There is no cornmeal used to make these corn dogs. A low-carb corn dog fit for the county fair is the end product!
A classic American dish, corn dogs make me think of the summer and times spent at the county fair. At the fair, we used to purchase these enormous hand-dipped corn dogs. The hot dog in the center was juicy, and the cornbread crust on the outside was crunchy.
I’ve been able to relive those times thanks to this keto corn dog recipe! The fathead dough is used for the crunchy breading on these keto corn dogs. That is still very similar to a classic corn dog.
These simple-to-prepare keto corn dogs may be turned into bite-sized versions that are a fun party snack during get-togethers or potlucks. The hot dogs can be split in half to create tiny keto corn dogs or into little pieces to create finger food. The ideal low-carb appetizer, they are!
Ingredients for keto corn dogs
- six hotdogs
- 36 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- almond flour, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 egg
- one tablespoon of baking powder
- Xanthan gum, 1 teaspoon
- 12 teaspoon salt and frying oil
- STEP 1 A stick of hot dogs
- Each hot dog should have a stick inside it. Place aside
- Melt the cheese.
- Melt the cheese in the microwave in increments of 60 seconds to create the breading. Put aside.
- STEP 3 Whisk the dry ingredients
- Salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, and almond flour should all be combined in a bowl(small). Until mixed, whisk. Put aside.
- CORN DOG DOUGH, STEP 4
- Combine the cheese, egg, and mixture of almond flour in a bowl or food processor. When everything is mixed and the batter is doughy, combine it with an electric mixer or pulse in a food processor.
- All components for corn dog breading should be combined with an egg.
- In between two sheets of parchment paper, place the dough ball.
- 6th step: Roll the dough
- The dough should be 1/8 to 14 inches thick when it is rolled out into a rectangle.
- STEP 7: Cover with a doughy covering.
- Place a hot dog on a skewer over the dough, then cut out enough dough to completely encase the hot dog.
- STEP 8
- Wrap the hot dog in the dough.
- Mold the hot hog’s body in the corn dog dough.
- In a 10-inch skillet that has been preheated and is filled with 14 inches of avocado oil with a high smoke point, fry two corn dogs at a time.
- STEP 10: Rotate it
- Turn the corn dogs once they are golden brown to ensure even frying all around.
- STEP 11: Turn the keto corn dog and brown it.
- Take out of the oil bath, then pat dry with a paper towel. Continue with the remaining corn dogs.
The number of carbohydrates in a corn dog
You won’t find corn dogs that are keto-friendly in the freezer area of your local grocery store.
One corn dog can include only 1 gram of fiber and around 20 grams of carbohydrates. If you were to purchase a corn dog from the county fair or your neighborhood corn dog truck, you would see that these numbers are comparable or increased. The final fact is that for someone on a ketogenic diet, 1 standard corn dog provides a full day’s worth of carbohydrates.
A keto corn dog’s carbs
We can reduce the carbohydrate content by swapping the breading on the corn dog for a keto-friendly one.
Leave a Comment