Perfect Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Copycat recipe. KETO CREAMY CHICKEN SCAMPI recipe. In a rich and creamy, garlicky sauce, tender, juicy chicken breast, with sautéed peppers and onions. It comes together in about 30 minutes, a super simple one-pot meal.
- Chicken: I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this creamy chicken scampi recipe, but you could also use chicken thighs.
- Garlic: Use as little or as much as you desire. With this garlic press, mince it quickly and easily.
- Heavy Cream: For the sauce, the heavy cream is the base. It helps to thicken the sauce naturally, without the use of any thickening agents.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH
On top of Shirataki noodles
Sweet and Spicy Green Beans
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
Storage: For up to 4 days, store leftover creamy chicken scampi in the refrigerator.
Reheating: On the stovetop, I recommend reheating this in a pan and helping bring the sauce back to life, by adding a splash of cream.
What is creamy scampi sauce made of?
With the addition of parsley and cheese – olive oil, butter, garlic, broth, white wine, red pepper flakes, and cream, this is a take on a traditional scampi sauce.
What are good dry white wines?
Pinot grigio, Sauvignon Blanc,
- (cut into tenders sized pieces) 1 ½ pounds chicken breast,
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces (red, yellow, orange, green)mixed bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- (for serving and garnish) freshly shredded parmesan cheese,
- finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- On both sides, with salt and pepper, season chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat THREE tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders and pan-sear on both sides once the butter is melted about 3 minutes on each side until they are a nice golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan, cover it, and put it aside (At this stage, the chicken will not be fully cooked.)
- Reduce the heat to medium using the same pan and add half of the onions, the garlic, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the onions are tender.
- With chicken stock, deglaze the pan. Scrape off using a rubber spatula and mix in any bits stroked to the bottom of the pan. Put red pepper flakes & Italian seasoning. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, then reduce to low to simmer. For FIVE to TEN minutes, let simmer.
- Add the heavy cream and to allow the sauce to begin thickening, allow to simmer for FIVE to TEN minutes. Mix in Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and black pepper.
- To the pan, add the chicken back, along with the mixed bell peppers and the remaining onions. On medium-low, finish cooking the chicken in the sauce. For about TEN minutes, let simmer, or until the chicken is cooked through, the sauce has thickened, and the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Plate the chicken and then over top, pour the sauce.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.