KETO EARTHQUAKE CAKE. It is truly delicious stuff! For a healthy take on the famous earthquake cake, Keto chocolate cake swirled together with sugar-free cheesecake, pecans, and coconut.
Sometimes, the best food is the messy food. And this Cake is the perfect example. It’s messy to look at and messy to make, but it’s crazy delicious.
Just think about it: all those mixed up layers, swirled and jumbled together, studded with low carb chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans. Slammed into a keto cheesecake, it’s like a keto chocolate cake, turned upside down, landed in a baking dish after a couple of backflips.
And you get a mouthful of all that goodness mixed together with every bite.
That’s my kind of keto dessert!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS CAKE AHEAD?
It’s great for parties and get together because this is a big cake that feeds 20. You can make it a day/so in advance and refrigerate it.
So that it doesn’t dry out, wrap it up tightly, and before serving, let it come to room temperature.
Keyword: earthquake cake, keto earthquake cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 14 tablespoon butter melted, divided
- ½ cup cold coffee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a baking pan(9×13). With the shredded coconut and the pecans, sprinkle the bottom.
- Whisk together the salt, sweetener, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and almond flour in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, coffee or water, and SIX tablespoon melted butter until it gets well combined. Pour over the pecans and coconut.
- Beat the cream cheese with the remaining 8 tablespoon melted butter in another large bowl until it gets smooth. Beat in the powdered sweetener. Over the cake mixture, dollop this mixture by the spoonful. To swirl into the cake mixture, use a knife, scraping all the way to mix up the coconut and pecans to the bottom in some places.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Until cake is mostly set through, bake for about FORTY FIVE minutes (in the middle, will still be slightly soft and liquidy). After removing let cool at least
- TWENTY minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving
(1 serving = 1/20th of cake)
Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment