KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS. Made with juicy, tender chicken, fried and breaded until it gets crispy, then tossed in buffalo sauce. With Keto Ranch Dressing or Creamy Chive Blue Cheese, they are excellent served.
THE BEST KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
A few notes about this Recipe:
You can bake them on parchment paper at 375°F for FIFTEEN to TWENTY minutes instead of frying them. Be careful not to flip them too many times, for either method as this will cause the breading to fall off.
These are amazing dipped in Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing. Or better yet, try this Chive Blue Cheese Dressing if you are a blue cheese fan. This is sure to become your go-to recipe if you are a fan of Keto Buffalo Chicken Strips.
I have always loved these tenders. It would be the first thing my eyes spotted on the menu even as a child. Now, I still love them even as an adult. As I make my own keto chicken strips at home so things are just a little different these days.
- 1 batch Nut Free Keto Breading
- 2 large eggs
- (cut into tender-size pieces) 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick)
- Combine the onion powder, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pork rinds and mix until it gets well incorporated. On a large plate, pour the mixture into a thin layer.
- Into a shallow bowl, crack the eggs and fork whisk. In the egg wash, dip the chicken tenders, and then in the breading mixture, dredge them. Make sure that in the breading mixture both sides are thoroughly coated.
- In a high-sided skillet, heat ONE to TWO inches of oil. For this, I like to use avocado oil. Drop the breaded chicken tenders into the oil once the oil is hot and begins to bubble slightly. Fry until they are crispy on both sides and golden brown, about THREE minutes each side. The breading will fall off so be careful not to flip them too much.
- From the oil, remove the chicken tenders and to absorb the excess grease, place them on paper towels.
- Heat the buffalo wing sauce and the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is mixed into the sauce and melted. To a large mixing bowl, transfer the sauce. Until it gets thoroughly coated, toss the tenders in the sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Category: 30 Minute Meals
Serving Size: 2 tenders