Keto Spinach Tree Bread. The ultimate holiday party dish, fancy snack, or appetizer at a get together. A crowd pleaser that you’ll want to make year after year.
Dough for Keto Spinach Tree
This recipe calls for the use of Fat Head dough which is a very low carb alternative dough that in a number of keto friendly recipes, works amazingly well instead of carby doughs. Cinnamon Pretzels or Low Carb Keto Italian Garlic Breadsticks are some of our favorite uses of fathead dough to make Keto.
How To Serve Keto Tree Bread?
This is a dish best served warm. When dough is still warm and flakey and the cheese is still hot and melty, it tastes best.
Can You Freeze This Bread?
Sure! TIt can be easily stored in the freezer. As always, to maintain freshness, make sure to use an airtight container.
We recommend reheating this bread in the oven for best results. Oven maintains the crispiness of the dough.
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
- 2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cup Almond flour
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder divided
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning divided
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tbsp. Flaxseed meal
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 cup Raw spinach
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- Over medium heat, add the butter to a skillet.
- For THIRTY seconds, stir in the garlic and saute.
- Mix in the spinach, and cook until it gets wilted. From heat, take it away and let it cool.
- Combine the cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl that is microwave safe.
- Until melted and well combined into a dough, heat for THIRTY seconds at a time.
- To a mixing bowl, add the cheese dough with the flaxseed meal, pinch of salt, xanthan gum, ¼ tsp of the garlic powder, ¼ tsp of the Italian seasoning, baking powder, egg and almond flour.
- Beat on high until well combined.
- In half, divide the dough, and roll each half that is roughly the same size as the other into a rectangular shape.
- Spread the spinach mixture all over the surface on one half of the dough.
- Over the first, place the other layer of dough, and press the edges closed.
- To cut out the outline of a tree, use a cookie cutter.
- On each side of the tree, make small cuts in the same position as the other.
- To form branches, twist each cut piece of dough.
- To serve alongside the tree for zero waste, you can form the extra pieces of dough and filling that you cut off into balls.
- Top with the Italian seasoning and remaining garlic powder.
- Until it gets golden brown, bake for TWENTY to TWENTY FIVE mins.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 32g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 4g