KETO FLAN CREME CARAMEL. An elegant low carb dessert that you can make with just FIVE ingredients! This easy keto flan has only 1.7g net carbs per serving and is deliciously creamy.
I’d always order either the lava cake or the creme caramel as a dessert when I went to a restaurant as a kid, – depending on whether I have a vanilla or a chocolate craving.
WHAT IS CREME CARAMEL?
Unlike creme brûlée, which has a crunchy sugar crust, it is a custard that is topped with a runny caramel syrup .
A LOW CARB FLAN
Without the sugar and without condensed milk (a popular flan ingredient), my low carb flan is made .
In the fridge, store the flans . For up THREE days, they keep well .
For up to THREE months, it’s also possible to freeze keto creme caramel . Before freezing, make sure it’s properly cooled .
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Cuisine British, French, Spanish
Calories 224 kcal
3 10cm wide x 5 cm deep oven proof ramekins
▢⅓ cup allulose 65g
▢2.5 tbsp water
▢⅓ cup allulose 65g
▢½ cup heavy whipping cream 120ml, double cream
▢¾ cup almond milk 180ml
▢2 large eggs + 1 additional egg yolk
▢1 tsp vanilla extract
▢butter to grease ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- With butter, grease 3 oven proof ramekins(10cm x 5 cm) .
- To a pan, add ⅓ cup allulose + 2.5 tbsp water . Bring to a simmer and until it gets golden brown, cook , about 4 – 5 minutes. Careful not to burn. Into the bottom of the ramekins, spoon .
- Add the cream, almond milk and the remaining allulose in a clean saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer on a low heat.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 1 additional egg yolk with a fork in a cup to combine.
- From the heat, remove the cream mix and whisk in the vanilla extract, eggs with a hand balloon whisk. Into the ramekins, strain the mix using a fine sieve , with the back of a spoon, pushing it through .
- In a large baking dish, place the ramekins. Into the dish, pour boiling water until about ⅓ of the way up the ramekins. Until it is set on top, but still a little jiggly in the middle, bake for about FORTY FIVE minutes. From the oven, remove and to room temperature, allow to cool .
- For at least 4 hours or overnight, place in the fridge to fully set.
- Use a knife to release the edges, to remove the creme caramels, cover with a plate and flip.
Total Carbohydrates: 1.9g
Saturated Fat: 11.3g
Leave a Comment