It’s pretty clear that everyone love desserts! This keto caramel slice will fill up your sweet tooth and you will feel pleased. The combination of chocolate, shortbread and caramel will make you feel like heaven and are so yummy.
The keto caramel slice are like traditional caramel bars and this is achieved from a new product from Wholesome called Allulose . The allulose purpose is to help the caramel with color and texture. Never tried Wholesome Allulose yet? then you are in for a tasty treat. It’s a zero-calorie sugar substitute.
It’s not only keto an vegan but it’s also Non-GMO Certified and gluten-free, so it’s great for a variety diets. The best thing about allulose is that it doesn’t have any calories or net carbs and it won’t spike your blood sugar.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
Butter: No shortbread tastes good without butter! It gives the shortbread that tasty buttery flavor.
Wholesome Allulose: The allulose purpose is to help the caramel with color and texture..
Almond Flour: Almond Flour is the base of the shortbread layer. The addition of slight almond flavor will make you feel out of this world.
Baking Powder: baking powder is used to make sure that the shortbread layer rises precisely.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla for the shortbread layer but it’s optional for the caramel.
Heavy Cream: Heavy cream is an asset to this keto dish. It makes the caramel rich and creamy.
Sugar-Free Chocolate: You can use any sugar-free chocolate that you like because of keto.
- 2 tablespoons Wholesome Allulose granulated
- 1/4 cup butter butter softened
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Wholesome Allulose granulated
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces sugar-free chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
How To Make
This recipe is actually really easy. The part that takes a bit long is to let it set up in the fridge, but it’s completely worth the time.
- First step is to make a shortbread layer and bake it in a parchment-lined pan. Combine all the shortbread ingredients which will form a dough and put it in a pan. You can use your fingers to spread the dough evenly. Heat it for 20 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Second step is to make the caramel so take a sauce pan and whisk together the heavy cream and allulose. Combine until it turns brown and thick. This will take 10-20 minutes and that depends on the size of pot you have and how hot your stove-top is. If you use a large pot or deep pan it will help the caramel turn brown faster. After caramel turns golden and the mixture has reduced by more than half, let caramel cool for 10-15 minutes, then put it over the already made shortbread.
- Melt sugar-free chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time. Stir and keep repeating until it becomes soft. Put butter and whisk to absorb and pour it on top of the caramel layer. Shake the pan gently so the chocolate covers all of the caramel.
- You can put sea salt and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. It should be firm when it’s ready. Then slice it into 16 pieces and keep in the fridge for 2 weeks (airtight).
- Wholsome Allulose
- 60% Bittersweet Chocolate
- Mixing Bowls
Leave a Comment