KETO GLUTEN FREE BAKEWELL TART. My sugar free take on the quintessential British dessert. That’s fit for a Queen, learn how to make a delicious gluten free Bakewell tart.
WHY IS IT CALLED A BAKEWELL TART?
Let’s dive into history, before we get to the recipe. Named after the town of Bakewell.
WHAT DOES A SUGAR AND GLUTEN FREE BAKEWELL TART TASTE LIKE?
In short, absolutely delicious! Only without all the carbs, the flavor and the texture is EXACTLY like the original.
It consists of 4 layers:
Crispy almond flour tart crust
Fruity low carb cherry jam layer
(soft and scrumptious)Almond frangipane filling –
Sugar free icing topping and Flaked almond
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Calories 324 kcal
9 inch pie dish
▢2 cups / 200g almond flour
▢¼ tsp salt
▢1 egg large, beaten
▢2 tbsp butter room temperature
▢(I used frozen)½ cup / 75g cherries pitted
▢1 cup / 150g raspberries
▢3 tbsp powdered sweetener
▢2 tsp ground chia seeds
▢1.5 cup / 150g almond flour
▢⅔ cup / 150g butter softened
▢¾ cup / 150g granulated sweetener
▢1 egg beaten
▢2 tsp almond extract
▢½ cup / 50g flaked almonds
▢(plus 1 ¼ tsp water)2 tbsp powdered sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 160C / 325F. With parchment paper, line the bottom of a pie dish and with butter, grease the sides .
- In a food processor, place the flour and salt and pulse briefly. Until the mixture forms a ball, add the butter and egg and pulse. Alternatively, with a fork, stir together , then knead.
- Into the pie dish, press the dough and so it does not bubble up, prick the bottom with a fork multiple times . Bake for TWELVE minutes.
- Then let cool.
- For about 5 minutes, cook the berries with powdered sweetener or until the jam thickens. Stir continuously. add the ground chia seeds and stir at the end of cooking. With 180g / ¾ cup of jam, you should be left .
- Stir together the almond extract, beaten egg, sweetener, softened butter and almond flour.
- Onto the base, spread the jam, followed by the frangipane mix and with the flaked almonds, top .
- At 160C / 325F, bake for about 45 minutes or until the filling has almost set. As it cools, it will firm up . Let it get cool completely.
- Optional to decorate: Till smooth, mix sweetener and water. Over the top of the tart, pipe or drizzle .
Total Carbohydrates: 8.4g
Saturated Fat: 9.2g