Keto Greek Style Meatloaf. A recipe that takes the classic and gives it a Greek twist. It is moist and tender, full of spinach and fresh herbs and studded with feta cheese, and full of flavor!
I love it with turkey, pork, chicken, beef, and any and all kinds of flavoring, I grew up on meatloaf, my kids grew up on meatloaf.
Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen?
For this recipe, the frozen spinach just cuts down on time. You could use fresh spinach if you have the time and want to saute it but in some olive oil, it needs to be sauteed, then before you add it to the meatloaf mix, cooled.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, (a great meal prep idea). You could combine everything, then in plastic wrap, wrap the uncooked meatloaf and freeze. Take it out of the freezer when you want to make it and place in the refrigerator overnight, then to bake, follow the instructions.
How do I store the leftovers?
For THREE to FOUR days, the leftovers will keep in the refrigerator, or for up to 3 months, the freezer. With plastic wrap(or in an airtight container), make sure they are wrapped tightly.
Yield: 8 Servings
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
COOK TIME: 35 MIN
INACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- Pink sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- (squeeze in a clean dish towel) 10-ounces frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and chopped
- (plus more leaves for garnish) 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- ONE tablespoon organic onion powder
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried organic oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried organic thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried organic basil
- 1 teaspoon dried organic marjoram
- ONE teaspoon organic coriander
- 1 teaspoon organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried organic mint
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tzatziki sauce for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, place the lamb, then gently along the sides of the bowl, press it up. With salt and pepper, generously sprinkle.
- Combine the eggs, parsley, dill, feta, and spinach in a medium bowl.
- With the ground lamb, add to the bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl(small).
- With the lamb and spinach mixture, add to the bowl.
- Until it gets evenly distributed, mix with your hands.
- To the prepared baking sheet, transfer meatloaf mixture and form into a log(8×4″).
- Brush meatloaf with olive oil and about 35–45 minutes, bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- From the oven, remove the meatloaf, tent with foil, and for 10 to 15 minutes, allow to rest.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce .
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
Sat. Fat (grams)