KETO GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS. So EASY and flavorful! Learn how to get the best marinade for BBQ garlic shrimp skewers, and grill shrimp skewers perfectly every time. This recipes is going to loved by the whole family.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Smoky, garlicky taste
- Juicy shrimp (not rubbery!)
- (simply marinate and skewer) Easy prep
- Just FIVE minutes cook time
- Makes a great appetizer/an easy healthy dinner
HOW TO SELECT THE SHRIMP:
- Size – This recipe uses large shrimp, which will be labeled 31/40, but as long as you account for he size of the shrimp, other sizes work fine . The cook time might be a minute or two longer for jumbo shrimp. As large shrimp on the grill gets more juicy so I don’t recommend going much smaller though.
- Appearance – Raw shrimp should look translucent and gray — avoid any with discoloration/a smell like ammonia.
- Fresh vs frozen – Frozen and thawed shrimp will be the next-freshest option unless you can access live shrimp.
- Shell on vs easy peel vs peeled – While easy peel shrimp have been conveniently split and deveined, to shrimp, shells add the most flavor and moisture. The easiest of all to handle, peeled shrimp, but due to the peeling process, may not look as pretty.
- Deveined – For the best appearance they should be deveined but it’s safe to use veined shrimp.
- 8 Bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- (31/40 size, peeled and deveined)1 lb Large shrimp
- If using bamboo skewers, before using them on the grill, soak them in water for 30-60 minutes, to prevent burning.
- Whisk together the grilled shrimp marinade in a large bowl: pepper, lemon juice, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt, and olive oil.
- Gently turn to coat after adding the shrimp. No longer than 1 hour, marinate shrimp for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for about 15 minutes, preheat the grill, or a grill pan for 5-10 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade while the grill preheats and thread onto the skewers.
- Put the shrimp skewers on the grill when the grill has preheated and until shrimp is opaque, cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
Serving size: 2 skewers,
about 8-10 shrimp total
As the rest is discarded, nutrition info includes 1/3 of the marinade.
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above.