Keto Gummy Candy. Made with just 3 ingredients, it’s sweet, chewy, fruit-flavored homemade gummy bears . They are also low carb and keto-friendly. They make a delicious treat or gift and easy snack, .
GUMMY BEAR MAKING TIPS
You need to make a concentrated dose of the fruit tea, otherwise when you turn them into gummies, the flavor and color will not come out . For every 1/2 cup of hot water, I used 2 tea bags .
To sweeten the tea, I used erythritol , but you can use other sweeteners like stevia/Swerve. Because the tea will be mixed with gelatin powder which will dilute the sweetness, you do want to make the tea sweeter than you normally would for drinking .
Before warming up the mixture, make sure to fully whisk in the gelatin powder , otherwise, it will be difficult to dissolve the gelatin clumps.
In the fridge, the gummy bears can keep up to a week. They will be a little firmer but still chewy if you eat them straight out of the fridge . They will be softer and chewier if you let them come to room temperature.
- 1/2 cup fruit tea concentrated
- 1-2 tbsp erythritol granular
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
- Until it gets dissolved, stir erythritol into hot tea. Taste and adjust as needed.
- To a small saucepan, add tea . So that it is lukewarm and not too hot to touch, let tea cool .
- Over tea, sprinkle ONE tablespoon of gelatin and until no white powder remains, immediately whisk .
- To low heat, bring the saucepan. To a simmer, you do not want to bring it . To a simmer, you only want to warm up the mixture x. Then turn off heat.
- Working quickly, to squeeze tea into the individual gummy bear cavities, use eyedropper tool .
- For about 100 mini gummy bears, you should have enough tea . About 15 minutes, place into fridge to set. You should be able to easily pop out the gummy bears, once firm. For up to one week, store uneaten ones in the fridge in a sealed container .
Because it will be diluted by the gelatin powder, the fruit tea needs to be very concentrated . For every 1/2 cup of hot water, I recommend using two tea bags .
I used Celestial Seasonings fruit tea so choose a sugar-free fruit tea. .*
I used erythritol granular for the sweetener, * but you can also use Swerve/Stevia.
Before warming up the tea, make sure to fully whisk in the gelatin powder , otherwise, it will be difficult to dissolve the gelatin clumps.
serving: 10gummy bears,
protein: 1g, fat: 1g,
saturated fat: 1g,
Leave a Comment