KETO OMELET MUFFINS. An easy and portable breakfast. They are made into bite-sized muffin form and loaded with your favorite omelet fillings.
I focus a lot on breakfast when I am trying to eat healthy. Because for the rest of the day, what I eat first thing in the morning definitely sets the tone . I’m more likely to make good decisions the rest of the day if I start off the morning eating something healthy . It just snowballs into several more cheats throughout the day if I start the morning even with a tiny cheat.
To my mini frittatas, these omelet muffins are similar and are a great way to start your morning. Like cheese, bell peppers, spinach and scallions, the egg muffins are filled with omelet ingredients . You can also add ham/bacon too.
HOW TO KEEP THE OMELET MUFFINS FLUFFY
I add a little bit of milk to the whisked eggs to make these egg muffins fluffy. When I’m making scrambled eggs too, I usually do this .
To keep the calorie and fat content low, I used skim milk , but you can use half & half if you want them even fluffier and don’t care about the calories. Just out my Egg White Muffins if you want a lighter version.
TIPS FOR MAKING OMELET MUFFINS
Use a muffin pan(nonstick) and before adding the batter, grease it . Using a nonstick muffin pan and greasing it will make it easier for you to release the muffins from the pan as the egg muffins do stick to the pan.
Into very small pieces, cut all the omelet ingredients. For example, around 1/2 inch squares, bell peppers should be . This will allow them to cook quickly.
Make sure the meat is already precooked before adding it to the muffin batter if you are using any meat.
- 8 large eggs
- (I use skim or low fat)1/2 cup milk, but whole milk also works
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- (I used a mix of red, orange and green)1 cup bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Of a nonstick muffin pan, grease the interior.
- Add eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until it gets uniform. Stir in any other omelet ingredients you are adding, bell peppers, spinach, salt, scallions and cheese.
- Into muffin tin, scoop batter, filling them almost to the rim. For TWELVE muffins, you should have enough batter.
- Until eggs are cooked, bake for about 20-25 minutes. The muffins will initially be very puffy, but when they cool, will sink back down .
- To loosen edges of muffins to remove them from the pan, use a thin spatula . Eat while warm. In fridge or freezer, store uneaten muffins.
protein: 7g, fat: 6g,
saturated fat: 3g,
net carbs: 1g