These Keto Hash Browns are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and are made with bacon, onion, and shredded radish. They can be cooked in a waffle maker “chaffle” style and pan fried as patties to make the delcious keto breakfast sandwich! Dairy free and Squeaky Clean!
Perfect to make ahead and reheat as needed these hash browns are great for keto meal prepping. You can cook them ahead and cook to order, or freeze them raw and reheat them in the microwave. It’s a delicious way to add some variety to your low carb breakfast.
- (12 ounces) 2 cups packed shredded radish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 slice of bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil for frying
To prepare the radish:
- In a microwave bowl, mix the the radish and salt.
- Microwave for two mins.
- From the bowl, drain liquid and let the radish sit for three mins until it gets cool enough to handle.
- Make a ball shaped pile of radish and place on two layers of paper towel. Gather the edges and inside the paper towel, squeeze the radish into a tight ball, draining any liquid into the bowl.
- In an empty bowl, discard liquid and dump dried radish back.
- Add the mayonnaise, parsley, coconut flour, psyllium, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, garlic powder, onion and chopped bacon.
- Until a stiff dough-like mixture is formed, stir well.
- Into six equally sized balls, divide the mixture. Chill until ready to use.
To pan fry:
- About 1/2 inch thick, form the balls into flat ovals.
- Take a non-stick skillet and heat oil in it over medium high heat until shimmering.
- In the hot oil, place the hash browns and heat for two mins per side, or until it gets golden brown and crisp.
- Take it out from the oil and place on a wire rack to drain. Serve hot.
- For up to five days, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
To make mini “waffles”:
- Into four inch rounds, press the balls.
- Heat the waffle maker and spray on avocado oil.
- Into the waffle maker, place one round and heat for 3 – 4 mins, or until it gets brown and crisped.
- Take the waffle out and repeat with the remaining rounds.
- For up to 5 days, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 hash brown
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Leave a Comment