The easiest way to cook bacon is to microwave bacon. Crispy Microwave Bacon comes out evenly cooked and wonderfully crispy. And you don’t need a special kitchen!
Microwave bacon is amazing. I resisted it for a long time, thinking it wouldn’t be as good as bacon from the oven.
IS IT ALRIGHT TO COOK BACON IN THE MICROWAVE?
- Yes it is! Place the bacon between layers of paper towels. The bottom layer will absorb quite a bit of fat. And the top layer will prevent splashes.
BUT IS IT A HEALTHY COOKING METHOD?
- It is no less healthy than any other method. Microwave ovens are perfectly safe. And microwaved foods are just as nutritious as foods cooked by other methods.
SO HOW DO YOU MICROWAVE BACON?
- On a plate lined with paper towels, place the bacon.
- Cover it with more paper towels.
- Then microwave on high until crisp. In my microwave, this takes 4 minutes.
- 8 oz bacon (1 package, 8 slices)
- Put two paper towels on a plate.
- Without touching, put 4 slices of bacon on the paper towels.
- On top of the bacon slices, put 2 more paper towels.
- Microwave on high until crisp. In my microwave, this takes 4 minutes. However, microwave ovens vary a lot, so check after 3 minutes. Plus, additional 1 more minute if needed.
- Carefully remove the plate from the microwave. It will be very hot. Repeat with the remaining four slices of bacon.
Amount per serving (2 slices of bacon)
Calories 54 Calories from fat 36
% Daily value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%