Everyone loves a cake ! So here we are with our personal favorite Keto Birthday Cake. Finding sugar-friendly sprinkles can be a problem sometimes. But this amazing coconut flake hack is not just fun and easy but just as impressive. We’re huge fans of a cream cheese chocolate frosting for this recipe.
FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- Assorted gel food coloring
- 1 2/3 c. coconut flakes
- 3 1/2 c. almond flour
- 3/4 c. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened, (more for brushing)
- 1/2 c. Swerve granular
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Swerve confectioners
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c. sugar-free semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Take a two 8-inch cake pans and line it with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Make cake: Take a bowl and put In bottom of the bowl about 5 drops of a gel food coloring and 3⁄4 teaspoon water, stir together . Put 1⁄3 cup coconut and stir until coconut flakes absorb color. Repeat in different bowls with remaining colors coconut flakes. Put it aside.
Whisk together salt, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and almond flour in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat sweetener and butter until it turns light and fluffy, about 2 mins. Put vanilla, egg whites, and eggs. Beat until it gets well combined and foamy, about 1 min. Put dry ingredients to wet and beat to combine. Add vinegar and almond milk and beat until it gets combined.
- Add all but a spoonful of each color of coconut flakes; combine by folding. Divide batter between smooth top and baking pans. Bake until toothpick inserted im cakes comes out clean, 50 mins. Let it completely cool.
- Make frosting: Take a bowl and beat salt, cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder, and butter until it gets light and fluffy, about 2 mins. Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl until just melted. Pour melted chocolate into butter mixture and beat until it gets well combined.
- Take a serrated knife and use it to remove domed tops of cakes to even. Place one cake on a platter. Onto top of cake layer, spread 1 1⁄2 cups frosting. Top with remaining cake. Top with reserved colored coconut.
Nutrition(per serving): 561 calories, 13 g protein, 39 g carbohydrates 13 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 51 g fat, 25 g saturated fat, 367 mg sodium, 15 g sugar alcohol