Brace yourselves for the most delicious chocolate lava cake because this one is a keto version of that cake. You’re going to learn how to make KETO LAVA CAKE which is low in carbs and that stays moist on the outside and with just a few ingredients. Best of all, this healthy cake is totally sugar-free — so you won’t have to worry about crashing after enjoying it.
This recipe is the perfect dessert for two who are following a keto and low carb diet, so you can make it for date nights, anniversaries, or at any event you like. You scale it to any number of servings you want.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Rich and sweet dark chocolate taste
- Gooey, melty center
- Easy prep (no fridge needed, unlike some recipes)
- Ready in 20 minutes
- 4.7 grams net carbs per cake
- Totally gluten-free and sugar-free
- 1/4 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 8 squares ChocZero 70% Dark Chocolate Squares
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 large Egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. With butter, grease two 6-ounce ramekins. Put ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Take a saucepan and simmer the water, to set up a double boiler. Place a glass on top. Put butter and chocolate. stirring occasionally, heat for 3-4 mins, until melted. Don’t overheat, or the chocolate will seize.
- Take a bowl and by using a hand mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks, Besti, and sea salt at high speed for 1 min, until it turns light yellow.
- Put melted chocolate and almond flour in a bowl with the eggs and beat until it gets well combined.
- Divide the batter between 2 ramekins. Heat for 6-7 mins, until the edges are set and an area of about 1-1.5 in. in diameter in the center is a bit jiggly.
- From the oven, remove ramekins and let them sit for one min. Take a knife and cut it around the edges to loosen. Over each ramekin, put an upside-down plate and using an oven mitt, flip over to invert the cake onto the plate. Let ramekin sit upside down for 30 secs. Then, against the plate, tap the ramekin several times to release and lift the ramekin.
- Serve immediately.
- Total Carbs21.1g
- Net Carbs4.7g