Looking for snacks while on a keto diet? Then you’re at the right place because we made this amazingly delicious Keto BBQ Pork Dip with Pork Rinds for everyone to enjoy without worrying about the extra carbs.
Those who miss the crunch of a good chip and they are following a keto diet, , will love using pork rinds as dip-scooper. And what a pork rind we chose! Epic’s BBQ pork rinds has only one gm of carbs per serving (if chose salt and pepper flavor, that’ll set you back 0 carbohydrates).
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless pork shoulder, (1-inch chunks)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt, (more to taste)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Epic BBQ pork rinds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 275°F. In a Dutch oven, put pork shoulder in a single layer. Add the oil, salt, garlic, and herbs. After covering with lid put in middle rack in the oven. Roast about 2 1/2 hours until meat becomes so tender that it falls apart. Remove from oven and discard herbs.
- Let it rest until it’s cool enough to handle.
- Fitted with a paddle attachment put meat to the bowl of a stand mixer. From the Dutch oven pour the the liquid into a measuring cup and put it aside. Stand mixer should be on low, increasing to medium. Meat will then begin to shred and break apart.
- Until the pork is soft with a spreadable texture, slowly spoon in the liquid. (Note: Don’t use all the liquid because this amount depends on how fatty the pork shoulder was). Add in the pepper, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, and salt and paprika to taste.
- Serve with the pork rinds.
Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving
Leave a Comment