This Keto Irish Soda Bread recipe offers a delightful twist on the traditional Irish classic, while keeping it low-carb and suitable for a ketogenic diet. With a dense yet tender texture and a hint of sweetness, this bread is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any time you crave a comforting slice of bread. Enjoy this Keto Irish Soda Bread without compromising your health goals.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup erythritol (or preferred keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. If desired, fold in the raisins.
- Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Shape it into a round loaf, approximately 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Use a sharp knife to score a deep cross on the top of the dough, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, based on 12 servings):
- Calories: Approximately 160
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 222mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 6g