This simple, no-bake Keto Key Lime Pie recipe has no eggs. This delicacy is produced without sugar and has a custard filling made with lime zest and a delicious graham cracker shell.
This recipe’s usage of SIMPLE INGREDIENTS is what I appreciate about it the best. Healthy dessert recipes frequently use ingredients that are unfamiliar to many people.
The Distinction Between Key and Regular Lemons
The normal lime is much larger than a key lime. They have a stronger flowery scent and are bolder and acidic as well. They can occasionally be harder to locate. Sold at the Sprouts by myself. Also, I’ve noticed them in the neighborhood Mexican grocery stores.
Since the limes are smaller, this dish calls for a substantial amount of them. I got 1/2 cup of juice from 1 pound of limes. Having extra on hand just in case doesn’t harm.
How to Keep Key Limes Safe
Use of the refrigerator will hasten their decomposition. They typically don’t survive as long as regular limes. If you purchase them, prepare to use them fairly soon.
How to Choose a Sweetener
I enjoy using monkfruit as a sweetener.
It has a 1:1 ratio just like refined table sugar. Therefore, you can use the same amount of table sugar specified in the recipe if you don’t care about calories or carbs.
If you use a product like stevia, you can use the same procedure you would to turn refined sugar into stevia. Monkfruit sweetener has the same proportions as refined sugar (1:1).
Use 1/2 cup (for 3/4 cup of the sweetener noted) or 1/3 cup (for 1/2 cup of the sweetener noted) of pure, organic maple syrup if you choose to use it in the filling.
The pie filling uses gelatin to thicken and give structure to the mixture. Because it is solid when refrigerated and at room temperature, it is excellent for no-bake pies. It turns into liquid when heated.
For this reason, it is recommended that you reheat the lime juice but not to a boiling point in the directions. The gelatin will dissolve in the lime juice, but you don’t want the juice to boil; you want it to remain liquid. It needs to thicken.
I use this vegan and vegetarian unflavored gelatin from Amazon. Jell-O is one option, but I steer clear of it because it frequently contains additional sugar. Artificial sweeteners are typically used in sugar-free forms.
How to Prepare Key Lime Pie in Keto
The recipe card below includes complete instructions and serving sizes.
lime juice for 30-45 seconds in the microwave.
Then combine the gelatin and the heated liquid. Make sure the gelatin is dissolved by stirring.
In a dish or stand mixer, combine Greek yoghurt, cream cheese, sweetener, and lime zest. Beat.
Gelatin and lime juice are added. Mix well.
Fill the pie crust with the filling.
Does the Pie Taste Good?
The custard filling of the traditional pie is made with eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and key limes. High fructose corn syrup and low-quality milk are frequently used in the production of sweetened condensed milk.
In order to counteract the key lime flavor in this recipe, I choose to substitute cream cheese, plain Greek yoghurt (or sour cream), and sugar.
Your control over the flavor is absolute because this recipe doesn’t call for eggs! Taste your filling many times to make sure you like it.
If you’re creating the meal for the first time, use less key lime zest and sweetness. In this manner, you can keep expanding and incorporating more as necessary. You cannot remove an ingredient after you have added it.
Use 1/2 cup key lime juice, 1 tablespoon key lime zest, and 1/2 cup sugar if you prefer a strong key lime flavor (a more tart pie). This is pretty bold; there isn’t much sweetness to it.
Use 1/2 cup key lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon key lime zest, and 3/4 cups of sugar. Even 1 tablespoon of zest would be appropriate in this situation.
Prior to placing the filling in the pie dish, taste everything to ensure that it is to your liking.
Graham Cracker Crumb Crust from the store
Because it doesn’t require baking, this pie’s homemade low-carb crust is incredibly simple to create. If preferred, you may use pre-made crust.
How to DIY it is provided here.
Beginning with blanched almond flour. In a nonstick pan(no oil) over medium-high heat, add it .
For 3–4 minutes, stir and toast until fragrant. You should not omit this step. This is the source of the graham cracker flavor.
When toasted, put it to a 9.5-inch pie plate with the sugar, butter that has been melted, salt, and cinnamon.
The crust should be combined and pressed into the baking pan.
Making the pie cold is crucial.
The custard filling has a better structure the longer the pie is chilled. The crust and/or custard will disintegrate if there is not enough cold time.
Additionally, I advise using sour cream or full-fat Greek yoghurt. Low fat, in my experience, led to a shaky filling.
How to Keep the Pie Safe
For up to 4 days, keep the pie in the refrigerator completely covered and sealed.
More Delicious Recipes:
- Keto Bagel Bites
- Keto Pretzel Bites
- Easy Keto Fruit Pizza
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Keto Chocolate Truffle
Dessert American Cuisine Terms: sugar-free key lime pie, low carb key lime pie, healthy key lime pie
25 minutes for cooking and 5 minutes for cooling
2 hours in total
30 minutes in 2 hours
Crisp Graham Cracker
- two cups of blanched almond flour
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute with no calories
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter and half a cup
Lime Key Pie Filling
- fresh key lime juice,
- half a cup Key limes are described in the notes. Key limes are tiny; for me, this weighed one pound.
- Cream cheese, 6 ounces 1 cup of softened Greek yoghurt I employ full-fat. Sour cream is another option.
- 3/4 cup of calorie-free sweetener view notes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gelatin, unflavored, see notes.
- See notes for 1/2 tablespoon key lime zest.
- Icing on the cake
- lime slices, lime zest
- Set a skillet over a medium-high flame. Add the almond flour once it is heated.
- The almond flour should be stirred for 2-4 minutes, or until it turns golden and aromatic. Infuses taste.
- A 9.5-inch pie plate should be filled with the toasted almond flour, cinnamon, sweetener, and salt. To blend, stir.
- Butter should be added gradually, then combined.
- The pie plate’s bottom crust should be pressed into place.
- Lime juice should be heated for 30 to 45 seconds. (You want the lime juice to be warm, not hot.) Then combine the gelatin and the heated liquid. Make sure the gelatin is dissolved by stirring. This could take a while.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine the Greek yoghurt, cream cheese, sweetener, lime zest (see notes), and salt. Blend(hand mixer) until smooth.
- Gelatin and lime juice are added. Mix well. Make sure the filling is to your taste by tasting it.
- Make any necessary alterations. If more sweetness or lime zest is required, do so.
- Fill the pie crust with the filling.
- Let chill(Until set) least TWO-THREE hours. I like to freeze it for one and a half hours. I let the pie sit on the counter for ten minutes after freezing it before cutting into it.
(displayed with net carbohydrates) (displayed with net carbs)
Serving size is one slice with 284 calories, 4g of carbohydrates, 8g of protein, and 26g of fat.
Leave a Comment