If you’re pretty busy in the morning and need a delicious healthy keto breakfast then this Keto Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole is perfect to make ahead for busy mornings! This delicious low carb breakfast hits all our favorite sweet and salty notes!
Monte Cristo is a Gruyere and ham cheese sandwich that is then dipped in french toast batter and fried.
Since my popular keto tastes so much like french toast, I thought it would make the perfect stand in for the bread portion in this Keto Casserole. We layered all of the ingredients to keep it easy, and baked it like a casserole.
You simply pour on the warmed sugar free syrup after baking, which soaks into all of the layers.
We prefer is to make this Breakfast ahead of time and cut into portions. Then when you are reheating the leftovers, simply poach that morning to have with it.
- 3 batches
- 12 oz Canadian bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere
- 1/3 cup , warmed.
- Take a 9 x 9 baking dish and grease and on the bottom and halfway up the sides place a layer of four cream cheese pancakes.
- Put layer of Canadian Bacon, then with 1/2 cup of cheese, sprinkle.
- Until you have 3 layers repeat two more times , the top layer being the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 15 mins until it gets heated through.
- Take it out from the oven and evenly over the top, pour the warm syrup.
- Cut into six squares and serve.
- Optional – Top with a runny poached and additional sugar free syrup.
Per serving: 376 cal,
4.5g net carbs,
For each egg :
.5g net carbs,