Keto Philly Cheesesteak Omelet. Is there anything more keto than in melty provolone, shaved steak smothered? Yes, you heard me right, shaved steak smothered in melty provolone and wrapped in an egg!
The lightly beaten egg wrap uses for pliability, oil that holds up to hunks of onions and seasoned steak.
This is a simple take on the classic that still incorporates those key flavors of thinly sliced seasoned beef and pepper, creamy cheese, and sautéed onion while some cheesesteak recipes may be complicated/include a long list of ingredients. At your grocery store’s meat counter, you can usually ask for shaved beef, which makes this recipe a breeze. For a quick breakfast or dinner after a long day, it’s simple enough to throw together. Because of how beautifully it melts, I also recommend using the thinnest sliced provolone you can find, but deli sliced is excellent too!
Yields 2 servings
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-ounce yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 pound shaved rib eye
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces provolone, very thinly sliced
1. In a bowl(large), gently beat the eggs and 1/2 of the olive oil.
2. Over medium heat, heat a nonstick square pan, or skillet. Into the pan, pour half of the egg mixture and until the egg is cooked through, cover.
3. Use a rubber spatula to release the edges once the omelet is solid, and slide the egg onto a plate or paper towel. With the rest of the egg mixture, repeat.
4. Along with peppers and onion, add the second half of the olive oil, in the same skillet. Until the vegetables begin to soften, and the onions caramelize, sauté on medium. Transfer to a bowl and put it aside.
5. With the salt and pepper, season the beef.
6. To the hot skillet, add the meat and until it gets cooked through, sauté over medium high heat. Into the hot skillet, toss the peppers and onion back (if needed)to warm them.
7. Fill the omelets into each eggshell, by layering half of the thinly sliced provolone and topping with the sautéed vegetables and hot meat.
8. Roll the omelets and on medium, place back in the skillet then to melt the cheese, cover.
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Omelet Calories Fats(g) Carbs(g) Fiber(g) Net Carbs(g) Protein(g)
4 large eggs 286 19.02 1.44 0 1.44 25.12
2 tablespoons olive oil 239 27 0 0 0 0
1-ounce yellow onion 11 0.03 2.65 0.5 2.15 0.31
1/2 medium green bell pepper 12 0.1 2.76 1 1.76 0.51
1/4 pound shaved ribeye 203 11.98 1.71 0 1.71 22.26
1 teaspoon salt 0 0 0 0 0 0
1/2 teaspoon pepper 3 0.04 0.74 0.3 0.44 0.12
Total 852 65.17 9.9 1.8 8.1 55.32
Leave a Comment