Keto Chicken Tacos. A tasty and fun low carb dinner or snack. Made from cheese, using low carb taco shells saves on carbs and but keeps the crunch. You can make them in minutes, these cheese tacos use shredded chicken.
You have to give these keto chicken tacos a try if you are in the mood for tacos. With just ONE ingredient, I made the crunchy keto taco shells – cheese! And then with seasoned shredded chicken, just filled them.
The cheese taco shells enables you to have Mexican food on a keto diet and are a perfect substitution for flour tortillas!
For a keto snack, lunch or even dinner, you could eat these mini tacos.
Cheese is the only ingredient you need for these shells! You will know how to make these cheese taco shells if you’ve ever made keto cheese chips.
For my taco shells, I used shredded cheddar cheese. However you could use mozzarella/parmesan cheeses. Mozzarella will be more chewy than the other two(but they would work fine). However for taco shells, cheddar cheddar cheese is the best cheese.
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Then to cover a baking tray, take a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Onto the baking tray, add tablespoon mounds of the cheese. Because they cheese will melt and spread so be sure to space them out. I just made 4 cheese crisps per 1 tray.
- Mix the shredded chicken, spices and salsa while the cheese shells are baking and microwave for 1 – 2 minutes until heated through.
- Take them out of the oven once the cheese is done baking and let them sit for a few minutes.
- So that you can bend them in the shape of a taco shell, you want them to be pliable. They will be too soft to bend if you take them off the tray too soon and they may be too hard to bend into the taco shell shape if you wait too long. To cool, it really should take just a few minutes.
- Take the taco shells and with the chicken mixture, fill them. With your favorite taco toppings, then top. On each taco, you really just need a small amount as these are mini tacos. For various toppings, see the notes for the carb counts.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: