It’s surprisingly easy to make this Keto Rack of Lamb with Spicy Mint Marmalade and guaranteed to impress your guests!
It can be a bit pricey and thus saved for special occasions, but it’s not difficult to cook at all.
And with lamb becoming easy to find in your average grocery store, it’s definitely worth picking up a couple of racks next time it’s on a sale.
As for this recipe – a few minutes of roasting in the oven, a brush of flavor, and a quick pan sear results in a delicious and healthy dinner ready in thirty minutes.
- 2 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to sear)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Spice Coating:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed/chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Spicy Mint Marmalade:
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a cast iron, until it shimmers, heat the two tbsp. olive oil over high heat.
- With salt and pepper, season the lamb on all sides.
- Sear the lamb for two mins per side, then take it out from the pan and put it aside.
- Combine together the spice coating ingredients.
- On all sides, brush the coating over the lamb.
- Fat side up, place on a roasting pan.
- Roast for ten mins for rare until required internal temp. is reached. When you remove lamb from the oven remember that it will continue to cook. So take it out before what you are aiming for.
- Loosely, cover with foil and before cutting and serving, let the meat rest for ten mins.
- To make the marmalade:
Take a blender cup and combine all of the ingredients in it and blend until it gets smooth.
Chill until ready to use.
Serving Size: 1/2 rack, 2 T marmalade