KETO SPICY CAULIFLOWER DIRTY RICE. Without so many carbs, it has all the flavors that people love in Dirty Rice, and this is tasty and easy to make!
WHAT IF YOU DON’T WANT TO USE CAULIFLOWER RICE?
And you might enjoy Slow Cooker Spicy Brown Rice with Sausage and Peppers if you like the idea behind this dish but aren’t a cauliflower rice fan (or don’t care about the carbs,) . With an easy preparation method where the rice is cooked in the slow cooker, that recipe has very similar flavors.
- 1 19.5 oz package uncooked hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chicken livers
- 2 tsp. + 1 T olive oil
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- (for this recipe, Minced garlic from a jar is fine .)1 T minced garlic
- 20 oz. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- (more or less to taste)1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper/1/2 tsp. Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- (optional)sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat TWO tsp. olive oil over medium high heat, and squeeze the sausage out of the casings when the oil is hot , break apart with a turner, and cook until sausage is nicely browned and completely cooked through.
- Chop them finely and add to the pan if you want to add chicken livers when the sausage is nearly done.
- Cut up the green pepper while sausage cooks (or two if you’re a green pepper fan) and one yellow onion.
- Remove cooked sausage to a plate when sausage is done, add the one tablespoon of olive oil, and over medium-high heat, cook the chopped green pepper and onion about 4 minutes, until they’re starting to soften. (Because you’ll be adding the cauliflower rice so don’t worry if it seems like too much olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic when the onions are starting to brown and cook a minute or two more.
- Inside the bag, break apart the frozen cauliflower rice , then open and add it to the skillet. Turn heat to high and until the rice is cooked through and excess water has evaporated, cook the cauliflower rice mixture, turning often. For most cauliflower rice, this will take about 7-8 minutes .
- Then into the pan, add the cooked sausage back and gently stir into the rice. Season with Spike Seasoning , salt, and pepper. Taste for spiciness, and if you’d like it a bit spicier, add a little creole seasoning (affiliate link) or Cayenne Pepper .
- On high, cook the mixture 3-4 minutes more . Heat until the sausage is well cooked.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.
- For a day or two, the will keep in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave/in a hot frying pan.
KETO SPICY CAULIFLOWER DIRTY RICE
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Unsaturated Fat: 4g
Leave a Comment