Keto Strawberry Jam is a delightful and low-carb alternative to traditional sugary fruit jams. Whether you spread it on a slice of low-carb bread, use it as a topping for keto-friendly pancakes, or mix it into your yogurt, this homemade strawberry jam is a delicious way to enjoy the sweetness of strawberries without the excess sugar and carbs. Let’s dive into making this tasty and keto-friendly treat.
Recipe: Keto Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered Erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Cooking the Strawberries:
- Place the chopped strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the strawberries, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften and release their juices. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Use a potato masher or the back of a spoon to gently mash the strawberries, leaving some small chunks for texture.
Adding Sweetener and Chia Seeds:
- Stir in the powdered Erythritol (or your preferred sweetener) and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Taste and adjust the sweetness as needed.
- Reduce the heat to low, then add the chia seeds and lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the chia seeds have plumped up and the jam has reached your desired thickness. Keep in mind that the jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
Cooling and Storing:
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract if you’re using it.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature. As it cools, it will thicken further.
- Once the jam has cooled, transfer it to a jar or airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator.
(yielding about 16 servings):
- Calories: 15
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 0.5g