All the flavor of a typical strawberry pretzel salad, but without the carbohydrates! This Keto Strawberry Pretzel salad on a keto diet is fantastic and sweet.
WHAT IS A STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD ON THE KETO?
A strawberry pretzel salad is a sweet meal that is quite popular throughout the summer at picnics and cookouts.
A sweet, whipped cream cheese filling, strawberry jello, and fruit slices are placed on top of the “salad,” which also has a pretzel and butter crust (which, of course, is not for this recipe).
The original is extremely high in sugar and carbohydrates, as you could have predicted. However, this recipe employs fantastic keto-friendly ingredients to create a dish that is just as wonderful!
CONTROVERSIAL SWEETENER USE
There are some dubious sweeteners utilized, as you may have noted in the ingredient list above.
Aspartame is not only not the best sweetener to use because it has 85 net carbs per 100g, despite the fact that we aren’t against it (and weirdly, neither is the EU). Check read this in-depth article about artificial sweeteners from Ruled. me.
Acesulfame potassium, which is the second sweetener utilized, is really not listed among the “recognized” artificial sweeteners.
A DIFFERENT SWEETENER MAY I USE?
Without a doubt, you can.
You are aware that we enjoy using Lakanto sweeteners in our recipes. Unlike the majority of name-brand sweeteners, they are straightforward, natural, and do not contain a tonne of other additives.
We like to keep reminding you that cooking is a very individualized activity. Therefore, feel free to pick a sweetener that you prefer to use and that works for you.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS RECIPE?
The good news is that it can be frozen; that much is true. To easily preserve it for later use, just place it in the freezer.
Before you decide to go the route of freezing it, there are a few things you might want to bear in mind.
To make the crust
- a half cup of walnuts
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and 4 tbsp melted butter
In order to fill
- 125 ml of thick cream
- Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, half a cup
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine(food processor) all the crust ingredients and pulse.
- Using a 13 x 9″ baking dish, evenly distribute the crust ingredients in the bottom. Bake for TEN minutes(remove) . Allow cool.
- Thoroughly combine(hand mixer) all the filling ingredients in a mixing basin.
- Over the crust, evenly distribute the filling mixture.
- Make some of our Keto-Friendly Strawberry Jam and equally distribute it on top of the filling.
- Put in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Offer and savor!
Amount Per Serving
Leave a Comment